29 Sep, 2016
364 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
According to the Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) brief the Indian Army conducted surgical strikes on terror launch pads at the LoC on the night of 28 September 2016.
– DGMO Lt. General Ranbir Singh told reporters the strikes were launched on 28 September were based on “very specific and credible information that some terrorist units had positioned themselves to infiltrate”.
– He said the strikes had caused significant casualties, and that he had he had called his Pakistani counterpart to inform him of the operation.
– “The strikes targeted the terrorists and those backing them,” the DGMO said.
– “Despite our persistent appeals to Pakistan to not allow territory under its control to be used for terrorist activities, nothing was done,” the DGMO said.
– There were no Indian casualties during the strikes that were carried out in Pak territory by the Army.
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.