29 Aug, 2016
262 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Important Points from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Mann ki Baat on 28th August
• The people who are using innocents for creating violence will have to answer to those youth someday.
• Every life lost in Kashmir is our loss, India’s loss: PM Modi.
• Learnt the lesson of unity through passing the historic GST bill. He also said great things could be achieved if people achieve consensus over an issue.
• Requests the nation to go green this festive season and make clay idols on Ganesh Chaturthi and Durga Puja. “If we protect the aquatic life, we will serve Lord Ganesh. Eco-friendly Ganesh Utsav is social service since we will be providing employment to many along with preserving the environment”
• Speaks on importance of Teachers and salutes P V Sindhu’s coach Pullela Gopichand for his dedication towards the game and his mentorship.
• Committee by the Government that would study the prevalent practices in the world in order to make a roadmap for the next Olympics. He also requests state governments to make committees overlooking sports performances and see what can be done to tap the potential.
• “Despite not getting the medals, Indian athletes have given a good performance at Rio Olympics performance.” Be it Abhinav Bindra or Dipa Karmakar, who missed the medal by a very small margin, Rohan Bopanna, Sania Mirza, Lalita Babar, Aditi Ashok, Dattu Bhokanal, Atanu Das – all these athletes have made their mark in the event.
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.